30 Jul Photofocus Podcast July 28, 2016 — Mirrorless with Scott Bourne & Marco Larousse
- Fujifilm has released a fix for their last firmware fix that caused problems for some users after the lens firmware upgrade of the XF 90mm f2 and the XF 16-55mm f2.8 lenses. The fix for the fix can be downloaded here: http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160712.html
- Fujifilm has also updated their lens roadmap, adding there new lenses that we should see in the future: XF 23mm f2 R WR, XF 50mm f2 R WR and XF 80mm f2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro.
- Fujifilm has also launched an updated Instax printer. The new Instax SP-2 is faster and has a better resolution for the credit card sized Instax mini prints. The Printer can be used with most smartphones or directly with Fuji X-cameras and will retail for about $200 US. Scott also shares his Instax mini experience from the past and Marco adds a few wishes for a future Instax printer.
- The Fuji X-Pro 2 will get an FW update later in the year. It should boost up AF speed to that of the unreleased, top of the line Fuji X-T2 camera. And it also fixes some parallax correction issues on the OVF.
- We cover the announcement and discuss the features of the Fujifilm X-T2. And we take a close look at how it compares to the X-Pro 2 and which camera is the better deal for the money.