12 Jan Fujinon GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Review
Source: Fujifilm Insider
Alongside the Fujifilm GFX 50S camera, one of the three lenses released at launch was the Fujinon GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR zoom lens. Despite Fujifilm having since added two more lenses to the GF lens lineup and with its sixth lens scheduled to arrive before the end of 2017, the GF 32-64mm remains the only zoom lens in the lineup so far. With its very high-resolution 50-megapixel medium format sensor, the GFX demands a lot from the glass you attach to the camera. Zoom lenses traditionally come up a bit short, optically speaking, when compared to prime lenses. It’s just the nature of the optics. With that said, zoom lenses offer versatility and practicality that a fixed focal length lens cannot. Let’s take a closer look at the lone zoom of the GF lens lineup and how well it pairs with the sensor.
Key Features and Info
- Currently the only native zoom lens for the Fujifilm GFX
- 25-51mm equivalent focal length
- 4.6 inches (116 millimeters) long and 3.7 inches (92.6 millimeters) in max diameter
- Weighs 30.9 ounces (875 grams)
- Weather, dust and freeze resistant
- 77mm filter size
- Rounded aperture diaphragm with nine blades
- 14 elements in 11 groups including 1 extra low dispersion element, 1 Super ED element and 3 aspherical elements
- Inner focusing mechanism
- Maximum magnification of 0.12x
- Retails for just under US$2,300
Fujinon GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Review posted on Fujifilm Insider on .