12 Apr Fujifilm X-T20 firmware update improves subject tracking, enhances touchscreen functionality
Source: DP Review
In addition to the six other firmware updates released today, Fujifilm also released the previously announced upgrade to the X-T20. The most interesting features include:
Improved AF tracking: the company says that the camera can track moving subjects at twice the speed of the previous firmware. The X-T20 can now track subjects 50% smaller than before. New touchscreen controls: Users can now move the AF area by touch when in ‘focus zoom’ mode. The Quick Menu can now be operated by touch, as well. Exposure improved with face detection RGB and highlight warnings now available
Version 2.00 of the X-T20 firmware can be downloaded here.
Here’s the full list of improvements:
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issues:
1. New AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
2. Enhanced touch screen operation
The firmware update will add some of the touch screen operation features which are currently available on the FUJIFILM X-E3. These touch screen features include:
1) The Auto Focus area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
2) Pinch-in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback (Nine-frame view and Hundred-frame view)
3) Select the frame in multi-frame playback with tap or drag operation or return to…
Fujifilm X-T20 firmware update improves subject tracking, enhances touchscreen functionality posted on DP Review on .
Read the full article on DP ReviewHome