14 Feb Fujifilm releases new mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T30 ”
Fujifilm releases new mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T30 ”
– Equipped with new image sensor and image processing engine into a compact and lightweight body for the ultimate image quality
– Highly-accurate AF performance across the frame and fast / silent continuous shooting of up to 30fps* to capture every decisive moment
– Fine and smooth 4K video with high-resolution audio, meeting the needs of full-scale video productionFebruary 14, 2019
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is delighted to announce the launch of the FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital camera (X-T30) in late March 2019, the latest model to join the X Series, known for superior image quality delivered with the company’s proprietary color reproduction technology.
In its compact body that weighs just 383g, the X-T30 features the 26.1MP X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor** and the fast X-Processor 4 image processing engine to achieve the ultimate image quality. Furthermore, it offers highly accurate AF performance across the entire frame and silent continuous shooting capability of up to an impressive 30 fps*, ensuring that you would never miss a decisive photo opportunity in a variety of situations. The camera can also record 4K/30P*** video while applying “Film Simulation mode”, including the “ETERNA” with rich color grading, based on Fujifilm’s proprietary color reproduction technology. Its ability to record fine and smooth 4K video with high-resolution audio will meet the needs of those involved in full-scale video production.
The X-T30 inherits popular exterior design features of the current model, FUJIFILM X-T20 (X-T20), while providing excellent operability with a new grip design that enhances stable grip when holding the camera, a touchscreen panel display with improved response performance, and the “Focus Lever” that facilitates faster focusing operation. The camera is also equipped with the “Auto Mode Selector Lever” that allows you to instantaneously switch to a fully-automatic shooting mode, making it a perfect mirrorless digital camera for a broad range of users who want to enjoy premium-quality pictures.
- *Only available when using the electronic shutter. The camera offers fast and silent continuous shooting of up to 30fps in a cropped frame equivalent to 16.6MP.
- **X-Trans™ is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation. With the use of a proprietary highly aperiodic color filter array, the sensor minimizes moiré effects and false colors without the use of an optical low-pass filter.
- ***Capable of recording smooth 4K video at 30fps
[X-T30’s main features]
1. Compact camera body that weighs just 383g and is equipped with the X Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor and high-speed X Processor 4 image processing engine to deliver ultimate image quality and versatile photographic expressions
- The X-T30’s compact camera body that weighs just 383g features the X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor (APS-C, no low pass filter) and high-speed X-Processor 4 image processing engine. Together, they deliver the class-leading 26.1MP resolution for digital cameras with an APS-C-size sensor, and achieve excellent noise-reduction performance. Furthermore, the sensitivity of ISO160, previously*4 available only as extended ISO, is now part of the normal ISO range. This is particularly useful when shooting in bright daylight outdoors or trying to achieve beautiful bokeh with a fast large-aperture lens.
- The “Film Simulation mode”, which provides versatile color expressions with Fujifilm’s proprietary technology, now has the new “ETERNA mode”. This camera also offers “monochrome adjustments” for Film Simulation’s “ACROS” and “Monochrome” modes to achieve warm black and cool black.
- The “Color Chrome Effect” produces deeper colors and gradation to broaden diversity in your photographic expressions.
- *4When compared to the X-Trans™ CMOS III sensor
2. Highly accurate AF performance across the entire frame and fast / silent continuous shooting capability of up to 30fps to capture a decisive moment in a wide range of situations
- The X-Trans™ CMOS 4 sensor has 2.16 million phase detection pixels, about 4 times that of previous models*4, to expand the highly-accurate phase detection AF area to the entire frame (approximately 100%). When using the electronic shutter, the camera can deliver fast and silent continuous shooting of up to 30fps in a cropped frame equivalent to 16.6MP (1.25x crop). This means even a fast-moving subject, positioned away from the center of the frame, can be autofocused at an amazing speed and accuracy, ensuring that you will not miss a decisive shutter moment.
- The X-Processor 4’s high processing speed and improved AF algorithm has boosted the camera’s capability to accurately detect human faces and eyes. The “Face Select function” has been also introduced to provide priority auto-focus on the face of a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected within a frame. The low-light limit for phase detection AF has been extended from +0.5EV on previous models*5 to -3EV, making on-screen phase detection AF available in very poor lighting such as at night or under a light source of limited luminosity, such as candlelight.
- Evolved functionality of the “Advanced SR Auto mode” can be activated instantaneously with the use of the “Auto Mode Selector lever”, positioned on the camera body’s top panel. The camera automatically chooses the optimum shooting settings for a given scene out of 58 presets so that you can achieve the best image quality without having to worry about settings yourself.
- *5When compared to the X-T20
3. Newly-redesigned grip shape and the inclusion of the “Focus Lever” for outstanding operability
- The X-T30 inherits popular exterior design features of the X-T20, while adopting a new grip design that makes the camera body sit comfortably in your hand. It also has the “Focus Lever”, replacing the “Selector Button”, to afford extra grip space at the rear. These design enhancements have created added hand-holding stability despite the camera’s compact and lightweight body, even when it is mounted with a large lens such as a telephoto zoom.
- The rear LCD monitor uses a touchscreen panel display 1.3mm thinner than that on the X-T20. Its improved touchscreen response enables faster and more intuitive camera operations.
- The X-T30 is available in the popular Black version the Silver version for a premium look with greater sheen, and the Charcoal Silver version*6, all representing a sense of high quality and robustness.
- *6Will be in store later than the Black and Silver version
4. Extensive video functions that meet the needs of full-scale video production
- The X-T30’s new video features include the capability to record with high-resolution audio and track human eyes even during video recording. Smooth 4K/30P video can be recorded at 8bit 4:2:0 on an SD card, and also output to external storage media via the HDMI port at 10bit 4:2:2 to include more color information. The camera is also capable of F-log recording, which captures footage in wider gamut for later editing of color tones and luminosity. These extensive video functions cater to the needs of full-scale video production.
- Video data, greater than what is required for 6K video, is scaled down to 4K to achieve advanced sharpness with minimal moiré. The camera supports recording in the DCI format (17:9 aspect ratio), used in digital cinemas, for dynamic video footage in high resolution.
- The X-T30 can apply “Film Simulation mode”, popular for stills, while recording video, so that you can enjoy a diverse range of unique effects, including the “ETERNA” for rich color grading.
1. Product name, release date and price
Model name: FUJIFILM X-T30
Release date: Late March 2019(Black/Silver)
Recommended retail price: Open
Go to https://fujifilm-x.com/x-t30/ for detailed product support information.
2. FUJIFILM X-T30’s main specifications
|Model name||FUJIFILM X-T30|
|Number of effective pixels||26.1 millions pixels|
|Image sensor||23.5mm×15.6mm (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 with primary color filter.|
|Sensor Cleaning system||Ultra Sonic Vibration|
|Storage media||SD memory card (-2GB) / SDHC memory card (-32GB) / SDXC memory card (-512GB)|
|File format of still image||JPEG: Exif Ver.2.3*7, RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format) / RAW+JPEG|
|Number of recorded pixels||[L] <3:2> 6240 × 4160 <16:9> 6240 × 3512 <1:1> 4160 × 4160|
[M] <3:2> 4416 × 2944 <16:9> 4416 × 2488 <1:1> 2944 × 2944
[S] <3:2> 3120 × 2080 <16:9> 3120 × 1760 <1:1> 2080 × 2080
|Lens mount||FUJIFILM X mount|
|Sensitivity||Standard output||AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3 (up to ISO12800) / ISO160 – 12800 (1/3 step)|
|Extended output||ISO80 / 100 / 125 / 25600 / 51200|
|Exposure control||TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted|
|Exposure mode||P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)|
|Exposure compensation||-5.0EV – +5.0EV 1/3EV step (Movie: -2.0EV – +2.0EV)|
|Shutter type||Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter speed||Mechanical Shutter||P mode: 4sec. to 1/4000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/4000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/4000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.|
|Electronic Shutter *8||P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: 1sec. Fixed|
|Mechanical + Electronic shutter||P mode: 4sec. to 1/32000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/32000sec. S/M mode: 15min. to 1/32000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.|
|Synchronized shutter speed for flash||1/180sec. or slower|
|Continuous shooting||Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG： 26 frames Lossless compression RAW： 17 frames Uncompressed RAW： 17 frames)|
Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG： 53 frames Lossless compression RAW： 17 frames Uncompressed RAW： 17 frames)
Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (JPEG： 95 frames Lossless compression RAW： 18 frames Uncompressed RAW： 18 frames)
Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter ] (JPEG: 32 frames Lossless compression RAW: 17 frames Uncompressed RAW: 17 frames)
Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter ] (JPEG: 81 frames Lossless compression RAW: 18 frames Uncompressed RAW: 18 frames)
Approx. 8fps (JPEG: 90 frames Lossless compression RAW: 18 frames Uncompressed RAW: 18 frames)
Approx. 5fps (JPEG: 205 frames Lossless compression RAW: 24 frames Uncompressed RAW: 19 frames)
Approx. 4fps (JPEG: 209 frames Lossless compression RAW: 28 frames Uncompressed RAW: 20 frames)
Approx. 3fps (JPEG: 216 frames Lossless compression RAW: 34 frames Uncompressed RAW: 21 frames)
Pre-shot: Approx. 30fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 12 frames after full press, total max. 22 frames)
Pre-shot: Approx. 20fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 22 frames after full press, total max. 32 frames)
Pre-shot: Approx. 10fps [Only electronic shutter, 1.25 x Crop ] (max. 10 frames while half press, max. 68 frames after full press, total max. 78 frames)
* Recordable frames depends on recording media
* Speed of continuous shooting depends on shooting environment and shooting frames
|Auto bracketing||AE Bracketing (Frames: -2, -3, +3, +2, ±9, ±7, ±5, ±3 Step: 1/3EV, 2/3EV, 1EV, 4/3EV、5/3EV、2EV、7/3EV、8/3EV、3EV)|
Filmsimulation bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%)
ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
White Balance Bracketing (±1, ±2, ±3)
Focus Bracketing (Frames: 1 – 999, Step: 1 – 10, Interval: 0 – 10s)
|Focus||Mode||Single AF / Continuous AF / MF|
|Type||Intelligent Hybrid AF|
(TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
|AF frame selection||Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13×9 / 25×17 (Changeable size of AF frame)|
Zone AF: 3×3 / 5×5 / 7×7 from 91 areas on 13×9 grid
Wide/Tracking AF: (up to 18 area) *AF-S: Wide / AF-C: Tracking
|White balance||Automatic Scene recognition / Custom1~3 / Color temperature selection (2500K~10000K) / Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater|
|Self-timer||10sec. / 2sec.|
|Interval timer shooting||Yes (Setting: Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)|
|Flash||Manual pop-up flash (Super Intelligent Flash)|
Guide number : approx. 7 (ISO200 · m) / approx. 5 (ISO100 · m)
|Flash modes||TTL(FLASH AUTO / STANDARD / SLOW SYNC.) / MANUAL / COMMANDER / OFF|
1ST CURTAIN / 2ND CURTAIN
|Hot shoe||Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)|
|Viewfinder||0.39 inch approx. 2.36 millions dots OLED Color Viewfinder|
Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area: approx. 100%
Magnification: 0.62× with 50mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1m-1
Diagonal angle of view: approx. 31° (Horizontal angle of view: approx. 26° ) Built-in eye sensor
AUTO Brightness Setting: 50～800cd/m2
|LCD monitor||3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.04 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)>|
|Movie recording||File format||MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264,Audio: Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)|
|File size||[DCI 4K(4096×2160)] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 10min|
|Frame rate||[4K(3840×2160)] 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 10min|
|Recording time||[Full HD(2048 ×1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p|
200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 15min.
[Full HD(1920×1080)] 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps up to approx. 15min.
[Full HD(1920×1080) High speed rec.] 120p／100p 200Mbps(recording) up to approx. 6min.
* For recording movies, use a SD memory card with UHS Speed Class 3 or higher.
* Although movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, subsequent
footage will be recorded to a separate file which must be viewed separately.
|Photography functions||Advanced SR AUTO, Face / Eye detection AF, Auto Red-eye Removal, Select custom setting, Panorama, Color space, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Highlight tone, Shadow tone), Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Preview depth of focus, Lens Modulation Optimizer, Pre-AF, Number of Focus Points setting, MF Assist, Focus check, Focus Peak Highlight, Electronic level, Multiple exposure, Release priority / Focus priority selection, Fn button setting , ISO AUTO control, Instant AF setting (AF-S/AF-C), AF-C CUSTOM SETTINGS , SHUTTER AF , SHUTTER AE , AF-ON , Interlock spot AE & Focus area, Focus area setting, AE-L/AF-L button setting, Edit/Save Quick menu, Preview exp./WB in manual mode, Shutter Type, Touch Screen Setting, Sports Finder Mode, Pre-Shot, Flicker Reduction|
|Film simulation mode||16 modes (PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std,|
Black & White, Black & White+Ye Filter, Black & White+R Filter, Black & White+G Filter, Sepia, ACROS,
ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter, ETERNA/Cinema)
B & W Adjustment: -9 – +9
|Grain effect||STRONG, WEAK, OFF|
|Color chrome effect||STRONG, WEAK, OFF|
|Dynamic range setting||AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%|
ISO restriction (DR100%: No limit, DR200%: ISO320 or more, DR400%: ISO640 or more)
|Advanced filter||Toy camera, Miniature, Pop color, High-key, Low-key, Dynamic tone, Soft focus, Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)|
|Playback functions||RAW conversion, Image rotate, Auto image rotate, Face Detection, Red-eye removal, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, Favorites, Voice Memo Setting|
|Wireless transmitter||Standard||IEEE802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)|
|Encryption||WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode|
|Bluetooth®||Standard||Bluetooth Ver 4.2 (Bluetooth low energy)|
|Operating frequency (Center frequency)||2402 – 2480MHz|
|Wireless functions||Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, Image Transfer Order, instax printer print|
|Other functions||Exif Print, 35 Languages, Date/Time, Time difference, Sound & Flash OFF, Performance Setting, Preview exp. in Manual mode, LCD Brightness, LCD Color, Preview Pic. Effect, DISP. Custom Setting , LARGE INDICATORS MODE(EVF) , LARGE INDICATORS MODE(LCD) , LARGE INDICATORS DISP. SETTING , Copyright Setting|
|Terminal||Digital interface||USB Type-C (USB3.1 Gen1)|
|HDMI output||HDMI micro connector (Type D)|
|Other||ø2.5mm, stereo mini connector (Microphone), Hot shoe, Synchronized terminal|
|Power supply||NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)|
|Battery life for still images*9||Approx. 380 frames (Normal Mode) When XF35mmF1.4 R is set.|
|Actual battery life of movie capture*9|
*Face detection is set to OFF
|[4K] approx. 45min. (29.97p)|
[Full HD] approx. 45min. (59.94p)
|Continuance battery life of movie capture*9|
*Face detection is set to OFF
|[4K] approx. 60min. (29.97p)|
[Full HD] approx. 75min. (59.94p)
|Dimensions||118.4mm (W) x 82.8mm (H) x 46.8mm (D) / 4.66in. (W) x 3.26in. (H) x 1.84in. (D)|
|Weight||Approx. 383g (including battery and SD memory card)|
Approx. 333g (excluding battery and SD memory card)
|Operation Environment||Operating Temperature||0°C – +40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10% – 80% (no condensation)|
|Starting up period||Approx. 0.4sec.|
|Accessories included||Li-ion battery NP-W126S, Shoulder strap,|
Body cap, Strap clip, Protective cover, Clip attaching tool, Owner’s manual
- *7Exif 2.3 is a digital camera file format that contains a variety of shooting information for optimal printing.
- *8The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.
- *9Approximate number of frames or movie recording time that can be taken with a fully-charged based on CIPA Standard.
Fujifilm releases new mirrorless digital camera “FUJIFILM X-T30 ” posted on FujiFilm.com on .
Read the full article on FujiFilm.comHome