22 Jul Final thoughts (Full Frame vs APS-C) | Adrian Evans
Lessons I learnt:
- The Xpro2 is just as good if not better with colour and realistic colour to the 1DsIII. It’s better than the 1Dx when it comes to colour.
- There is some DOF difference (more background blur on FF). But in real shooting it isn’t really noticeable.
- The 1DsIII has an amazing sensor when exposed right, but it can’t recover blacks worth a damn.
- Xpro2 at low ISO isn’t as good as the 1DsIII at low ISO, but it beats most modern crops and some modern Full Frame cameras.
- The Fuji 23mm 1.4 is slightly soft from f/1.4-2, sharp from f/2-4, VERY sharp from f/4-8 and f/8-11 starts to get softer due to diffraction.
- The Sigma 35 1.4 Art is an amazingly sharp lens, even wide open.
- For most purposes (baring shooting at base ISO) the Fuji Xpro2 sensor is as good as any full frame, lacking only resolution (over the large MP cameras some camera makers offer) and minor DOF differences.
- I will keep my 1DsIII for base ISO shooting (it’s cleaner)……