26 Jul Capture One Terminology Basics for Lightroom Switchers

Source: Thomas Fitzgerald Photography

One of the things I most often hear from people switching from Lightroom to Capture One, is that they find the interface confusing or that there is a steep learning curve. The interface in Capture One is different to Lightroom, of that there is no doubt, but once you get the hang of it you will realise it’s actually not massively different. In this post, I’m going to discuss some of the Capture One terminology and where relevant, how it compares to its Lightroom counterparts.

This is just going to cover the absolute basics. I will go into more details in future posts.

Interface Basics

At the very top of the interface, where you see the first set of icons across the top, this is called the Toolbar. The main set of icons in the centre of this is called the Cursor Controls. There is nothing really similar to this in Lightroom, so it’s more like the tools in Photoshop. Some of these tools have a little arrow beside them indicating that there are pop-outs with more sub tools, again similar to Photoshop.

Down the left hand side are where the main adjustments and controls exist. These are broken into tabbed sections, and the icons for each section are across the top. The official name for these is Tool Tabs. In some respects these are kind of like Lightroom’s modules, although its not the same, as there are no modules in Capture One. All of the functions are active all of the time,

Capture One Terminology Basics for Lightroom Switchers posted on Thomas Fitzgerald Photography on

Read the full article on Thomas Fitzgerald Photography